Woodward Group has exciting opportunities for an Electrical Contracts Manager to join our well-established, reputable team.
As Electrical Contracts Manager, you will be a key team member successfully delivering projects of various sizes, predominantly within the food and beverage, large industrial manufacturing, and gas sectors, reporting directly to the Directors.
The role includes overseeing the electrical packages on multiple end user sites, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Managing Direct and Sub-Con Labour Resources
- Managing Specialist Sub-Con Packages
- Attending Site Meetings
- Monitoring H&S Processes and Documentation
- Inspecting Quality and Managing QA Processes
- Running of small electrical install projects, managing a team of electricians on those projects
- Dealing with customers, and providing quality customer care when leading up to and handing over projects.
- Answering emails, ordering materials, general office duties with regards to the projects
- Completing handover packs, O&Ms, and test certificates
- Managing the complete project lifecycle (Ranging from initial feasibility studies through to final completion & handover)
- Working closely with inhouse commercial staff, while overseeing costs of labour, procurement, final accounts etc.
- Liaising and communicating with estimating, commercial & contract teams
- Attending weekly progress meetings/team meetings/client meetings while acting as a company representative
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Electrical Contracts Manager working within the M&E Services to industry sector
- Ability to manage site staff and Sub-contractors
- Confidently undertake financial responsibility for P + L for Electrical Contracts
- Possess excellent communication, client facing skills, good level of IT skills, operational, technical, and managerial skills within a fast-paced environment
- Hold relevant Electrical / Building Services Qualifications and Industry Certificates
- Carry a strong track record in project management and delivery
- Ability to set targets, alongside managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish time, cost, and quality objectives
- Strong communication skills with commercial and contractual use of relevant software packages such as those used in design and specification of engineering projects
- Knowledge of industry best practices, system modification, and new procedures to optimise the level of service provided
- Able to commute or relocate to Burton-On-Trent, DE14 1DU before starting work
- Working on projects from £500k – £3m
- Relevant qualifications
- Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 per annum (negotiable with experience)
- Company car and expenses
- Company pension
- Mobile phone
- On-site parking
- Sick/Holiday pay
- Full-time, permanent position
- Monday – Friday
- Qualified Electrician
- Preferred: HNC/HND and IOSH & / NEBOSH
- Optional: Degree
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for the position of Electrical Contracts Manager and be part of our ambitious and growing team at Woodward Group, please send your CV to [email protected].