As a fast-growing M&E company with an impressive portfolio of work within the large scale industrial and commercial sectors, Woodward Group is seeking to add a purchaser to our well-established team to help support our continued growth.
As a purchaser with Woodward Group you will be responsible for supply chain initiatives around purchasing, purchasing systems and logistics to aid business delivery. You will also be responsible for securing the best purchase price on a wide range of electrical cables and accessories in order to increase profit and continue the successful business growth.
The ideal candidate will have buying experience within the electrical industry and good product knowledge. The ability to build and maintain relationships with key suppliers is an essential skill for this role, as is having a good understanding of rebates and pricing within the industry.
- Purchasing all required equipment, materials and services for each of our departments
- Working to improve in-house purchasing systems and processes
- Developing and Implementing a purchasing strategy
- Liaison with suppliers to negotiate favourable payment terms, including cost reduction & consolidation
- Adhering to product conformity
- Producing and improving business KPI’s
- Ensure all materials and services reach site/office on time
- Sign off on invoices
- Manage all stock levels and budgets
- Effective collaboration with all departments
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Buying experience and product knowledge gained within the electrical wholesale industry
- Ability to enhance and create quality supplier relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Proficient in using MS office, including Excel
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan and priorities workload to meet deadlines
- Salary £30,000 – £37,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 23 days holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- On-site parking
This is a full-time, permanent position
- 42.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime available
How to apply:
If you would like to apply to be a purchaser for Woodward Group and be part of our ambitious and growing team, please send your CV to email@example.com.