Woodward Group’s compliance division is offering an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Electrical Inspection & Testing Engineer to join our growing business.
As a key member of the team you will be involved in all aspects of technical operations and play a vital part in the smooth delivery of our services.
Working alongside a team of highly committed professionals, we are looking for someone who will embrace our ethos and strengthen our team. Our culture focuses on optimal performance, integrity, teamwork and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Carrying out electrical inspections and tests for our large roster of valuable clients
- Delivering detailed and accurate technical reports within the scope of projects
- Playing an active role in implementing continuous improvement measures
- Resolving technical and non-technical obstructions within a working project in a timely manner
- Promoting efficient working practices, adapting to meet goals and objectives within a team
- Proven experience in thermography and the inspection and testing of emergency lighting systems
- Experience with varying vintages and types of electrical systems and equipment
- City & Guilds 2391 (or equivalent) qualified with inspection and testing experience
- Comprehensive understanding of modern test equipment for all uses, BS7671 (as amended 2018), modern technical terminology, and standards
- In-depth working knowledge of risk assessments and safe working practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, especially with client paperwork / documentation
- Good problem-solving abilities and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to adapt to various environments and clients’ needs
- Willingness to learn and develop skills with the support of in-house and external training
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications and mobile device technology
- Knowledge of the electrical engineering industry would be preferred, but not essential
- Experience with fault finding on electrical systems and of ISO standards & implementation, would be preferred, but not essential
- Salary: £36,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Company vehicle
- 23 days annual holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Equipment, tools and uniform provided in full
- Full, comprehensive training
- On-site parking
This is a full-time, permanent position
- 50 hours per week – paid from door to door
- Overtime available
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for the position of Electrical Inspection and Testing Engineer and be part of our ambitious and growing team at Woodward Group, please send your CV to [email protected].